Being a member of the Northwest Suburban Genealogy Society (NWSGS) has numerous benefits, including:
- Eight meetings a year, featuring a variety of speakers and topics.
- Access to copies of the speaker’s handout each month.
- Eight issues of our bulletin, Notes From the Northwest, emailed to you or available at our website, to keep you informed of happenings in our Society and current issues of genealogical interest.
- Access to NWSGS’s pre-2018 publications via our “Members Only” link.
- Subscription to Forum (the Federation of Genealogical Society’s publication) at a discount – visit their website at www.fgs.org for more information.
- Our society has memberships with the following societies, allowing our members to share in certain benefits (these differ based on the society in question):
- Federation of Genealogical Societies (FGS)
- Illinois State Genealogical Society (ISGS)
- Ohio State Genealogical Society – OGS has a rich collection of Ohio-related databases for “members only.” To access this resource through our membership, visit the Mount Prospect Public Library and request access to this from one of their computers.
- An opportunity to meet other genealogists who share your interest.
- Potential to learn new techniques to advance your research.
- Access to researchers who are willing to share their experiences and other suggestions.
- Information on how to get more involved in genealogy.
- An opportunity to assist in selecting speakers and topics for future meetings.
- A chance to preserve a part of history for future generations.
Our membership year runs from August 1 through July 31. Members joining during the year will receive all eight issues of Notes From the Northwest.